Here's a look at what we've recently improved, added, fixed or documented for our Reincubate products: the iPhone Backup Extractor desktop software and the Reincubate iCloud API (ricloud API) we power.
Feb 23rd, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor v22.214.171.1241.
- Improvements: We changed the Mac installer to a gorgeous one that even looks good on retina. We don't want to oversell it but it's prettier than the Mona Lisa.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with the reloading of iCloud backups. If you downloaded one data category then that would be the only data you would see; even after downloading more. Now you will see all of your downloaded data.
- Operations: The iPhone Backup Extractor is now notifying updates to v126.96.36.1993, because we care and v188.8.131.523 is the cat's pajamas.
Feb 22nd, 2017, ricloud API
- New feature: iOS 10.3 Beta support is fresh out of the oven. Because we care.
- New feature: We added some new feeds
videos. This means easy access to more data and we're going to save you some time by providing a nice summary of the available data.
- New feature: We also added a new
photosfeed. This will add albums, greater photo discovery, and some additional metadata.
- New feature: We have more dedicated metadata options. So far, we added
countbut we have more planned. The information retrieval process will get faster, and faster.
- Improvements: We sped up the ASChannel's published speeds. Faster data delivery is always good.
- Operations: We brought updates to most of the feed extractors which means more speed and more data. We making the iCloud rain data with this release.
Feb 17th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor v184.108.40.2063
- New feature: Added support for Watch OS 2. Whoop, whoop!
- Improvements: Added a recommendation about encrypting your backup. This is just a friendly message to encourage users to think about their data security. Our iOS experts love to talk about data security.
- Improvements: Viber changed their database locations which meant that iCloud messages were not being recovered for the latest Viber version. You can now recover Viber messages after we coxed the database out with cookies and chocolate.
- Operations: Made improvements to the force update which will push all users to the latest iPhone Backup Extractor. Because we <3 all our users, and we want you to enjoy the best of what the software can offer.:)
Feb 16th, ricloud API
- New Feature: Increased the business device limit to 25. Previously business licenses had 20 devices. This will be retroactive and all valid business licenses will be bumped up to 25. Who loves ya baby?
- Improvements: Started using different utilities to move traffic through dedicated secure channels. This should see a huge increase in the amount of requests that the server can receive and complete. For enterprise customers this means faster data delivery.
- Improvements: Tweaked large file responses to make more use of the communication from the servers. This should make the delivery of large files more consistent.
- Operations: Tweaked the data transfer sizes and publish speeds so the server doesn't get overrun and need a long holiday on a beach somewhere.
- Operations: Split redis between result stream
ASCHANNEL_STREAM_REDISand ASChannel utils
ASCHANNEL_UTILS_REDIS. Result stream interacts with the other end of the secure channel.
- Operations: Switched to using a single machine to do both stream reading and request handling. This means that if there is a server problem then we will be able to switch to a standby without human intervention. It will mean the end of file access bottlenecks and significantly reduced wait time for data transfer. End result: much better and more stable performance.
Feb 14th, 2017, ricloud API
- Improvements: Added `CONN_MAX_AGE` database setting to make better use of connections.
Feb 13th, 2017, ricloud API
- Bug fix: A puppet was caught sleeping on one of the nodes which affected the error handling. We now feed the puppet coffee and everything is working correctly.
Feb 10th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor v220.127.116.112
- New feature: We are happy to be the first iCloud recovery software that can help you recover Tinder messages. You will find it in the Preview window along with Photos, Messages, WhatsApp, Viber and others. If you accidentally delete a message, or worse yet, the entire app. You can simply click on the Tinder icon to review any messages in your backup. We will continue to look for ways to improve Tinder recovery but this is our Valentine's gift for all of the lovers out there. For more details please read this week’s Tinder themed blog.
- New feature: We have added iCloud Photo Library which makes the iPhone Backup Extractor the most complete iCloud recovery software on the market. Now you will be able to download all of your photos and videos from all photo library albums (including shared albums). When you login to your iCloud account you will see the all new Photo Library option beneath Photostream (left side pane). To make things easier the entire process is the same as Photostream. Simply click the Download button to recover your entire Photo Library.
- Improvements: For Windows users we have also updated the folder browsers to make them more modern. Although this is only a cosmetic change; it is more inline with the look and feel of the software.
- Bug fix: Especially good news for Windows 8 users with a bug fix that was crashing or hanging the app. Not any more we squashed the bug and you can now return to seamless data extraction.
- Bug fix: We also fixed the Windows bug which was stopping you from closing the software via the File menu. Older versions would freeze when you used this method to close the app. We’re all tired of freezing this winter, so the fix is in and let spring begin.
Feb 1st, 2017, ricloud API
- Operations: Updates to task acknowledgment behaviour. We'll never lose tasks, better experience for our customers and users.
Feb 1st, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor v18.104.22.1685
- New feature: Encrypted iTunes backups support in The Basic plan. All of the encrypted backup limitations have been removed. Previously the Basic plan would only let you recover 4 files from an encrypted backup, now you can recover all of your data from an unlimited number of iTunes backups. You asked, we listened. Read all about it in our iPhone Backup Extractor blog post on better experience and new features
- New feature: The Premium plan enjoys an increase for the iCloud devices to recover iOS data from. 5 iCloud devices supported uplifted from the original 2 iCloud devices, which makes it a better all round option.
- Improvements: We changed the iTunes encrypted backup icon and added a very foreboding padlock; it beefs up the classic iTunes icon and lets everyone know what’s what. This just to further help you distinguish each backup at a glance without the need for selecting the backup itself.
- Improvements: We improved the icons in the AppView and removed the meaningless bright blue icon and replaced it with a classy Apple on a gray background. It is really an aesthetic change to make the entire program more consistent in look and feel.
- Improvements: Mac users will notice The file menu extract by folder option will now opens to the default iTunes backup folder; you don’t need to take the scenic route to your backup folder anymore.
- Improvements: Windows users, We have continued the hard work on Photo previews in Windows. The Photos should be even quicker again this week, the quest will go on until the Photos are previewed faster than a dog can eat a hamburger.
- Bug fix: A bug in the file menu was fixed. Previously performing multiple file menu extractions would extract the same data every time regardless of the file selected. It was like something out of a Black Mirror episode. Now using the File menu extraction will extract all the correct data every time, more like an episode of Happy Days. While we were in there we also threw in an extra message box asking you where you want to put the data. This will help you keep all of your recovered data in the one location.
- Bug fix: iCloud backups with very large files would sometime throw an error called JSON Parse error. Well, not anymore. JSON Parse has officially left the building.
- Operations: Added full task acknowledgment to the servers which means that if any servers drop out the task will not be lost. This will help keep the iCloud downloads fast, efficient and complete.
Jan 26th, 2017 iPhone Backup Extractor v22.214.171.1247
- Improvements: We have improved the File menu convert options. In the past we would ask you to search for the file in the backup. However, in iOS 10 the files are contained in sub-folders which can make the file difficult to find. Now it just makes it all a little bit easier for iOS 10 backups.
- Improvements: The lists on the left pane of the software (Photo Streams, Devices, Password Needed) now have ‘Show’ and ‘Hide’ buttons at hover. This will avoid clutter on the left and make it easier to see what you want, when you want it. We have implemented this only for Windows users as Mac users had a better experience since some time ago.
- Improvements: We are working on the speed of Photo previews; displaying all of the images will be getting a little quicker with every release. This week the display time for Photo previews in encrypted backups is a little better. Soon they will be there before you take the photo.
- Improvements: We have cleaned up the file menu and grouped the similar options into smaller sub-menus to make everything easier. The file menu is a lot cleaner, shorter and organised.
- Improvements: We updated all of the icons in AppView to the newest and most beautiful icon for each app. They just look so pretty now.
- Improvements: The file menu has had a busy week. For Windows users, We have added the familiar icons to each of the categories so you can pick the data category just by looking at the icon. I mean, who’s got time to read nowadays anyway.
- Bug fix: Mac users will be happy when they’ll see We fixed the hovering ‘To avoid incomplete backups disconnect this device before downloading’ warning message. When the iPhone Backup Extractor was resized the message would hover around the middle of the window like a UFO. Now it stays where is should all the time.
Jan 18th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor v126.96.36.1995
- Bug fix: We fixed a crash that you got if you moved or deleted an offline iOS backup while having that same iOS backup opened in iPhone Backup Extractor. We now show you a polite error message and allow you to continue with your work.
- Bug fix: We fixed the iOS 10+ iTunes backups file dates bug; the dates would be shown as 400 years in the past. Now that the timestamp conversion is correct there will be no more pictures from the first performance of Hamlet. That’s a shame.
- Bug fix: Another time related bug was squashed with iCloud backup times returning to the correct local time. If you would like to continue seeing what time your backup occurred in London then you will need to use a time conversion tool.
- Bug fix: A bug which stopped users from recovering their photos from iPhone 7 iTunes backups has been fixed. If you were trying to extract in albums then new tables were being added to the database which confused the extractor. Now you can extract all the photos without a problem.
- Bug fix: We stopped a missing backup file causing a Null Reference Exception crash; we can’t magic up the file, but we can stop the software from crashing. You should receive a gentle message if the file is missing.
- Bug fix: We fixed the Expert Mode file tree which split branches from SysSharedContainer and SysContainer Domains. A number of folders were being scattered all over the file tree; you will now find that all the folders from these domains are contained in the right location.
- Operations: We are now limiting the amount of tasks that can be submitted to the server. Essentially is 1000 tasks are ready then we’re not submitting any more. This will help stop backlogs and provide a more efficient experience for all users.
Jan 17th, 2017, ricloud API
- New feature: Live call logs are now available. Woop, woop!
Jan 16th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor v188.8.131.523
- Improvements: In what is sure to be a popular feature - the iCloud data download - we have added more details to the iCloud download window process. This will give you a better idea of what is happening when the iPhone Backup Extractor is downloading iCloud data. The new information is much clearer and you will see that tasks are being requested, are ready (for download), downloading, or completed. This is particularly helpful for large iOS backups which would otherwise display a (very) slow moving progress bar.
- Bug fix: We had some users report trouble when trying to right-click on files in Expert Mode for adding, replacing, or deleting files in the backup. There was some debate about whether they were right-clicking in the right way or if their right-clicking was wrong. We have fixed it so that every right-click is the right right-click.
- Bug fix: We have fixed the bug that was misreporting the times and dates of iCloud files. Dates were being displayed as 19 years in the future (2035), but now everything has returned to normal. No more pictures from 2035 when apes rule the planet, just sit back and watch it unfold in real-time.
- Bug fix: We fixed a System Overflow Exception bug causing iPhone Backup Extractor to crash when backups wouldn’t report the correct file size.
- Operations: A minor cosmetic change with an update to the copyright year to 2017. Cos 2016 is over, innit?
Jan 9th, 2017, ricloud API
- Improvements: Updates to Calendar, WeChat and SMS extractors. Get your game on!