Reset restrictions PIN, extract WhatsApp chats and edit Plist files
We've just released iPhone Backup Extractor 4.5.1, with heaps of changes to make life easier for iPhone and iPad users. The improvements made include automatic restrictions PIN recovery, a
.plist editor, WhatsApp messages extraction and improved support for corrupt encrypted backups.
Reset your restrictions PIN with the iPhone Backup Extractor automatically
Lost or forgot your restrictions passcode? No longer do you need to factory reset or change your phone! iPhone Backup Extractor will reset the PIN to "1234" on un-encrypted iTunes backups of all iOS with just a single click! Just:
- Make an un-encrypted backup of your device
- Load your iTunes backup with iPhone Backup Extractor
- In the "Extract" menu, select "Restrictions PIN" and reset the code
- Restore your backup to your device
How to save WhatsApp messages to your computer
Many users have contacted us asking for a way to extract WhatsApp messages and save them to their computer. We have heard their voices and added automatic WhatsApp chats extraction. No longer do you have to jailbreak your iPhone or restore the device as new so you can have your precious chats! Give it a try and see how easy it is to have all those sent and received WhatsApp messages on your desktop.
Improved support for encrypted and corrupt iTunes backups
We have also revamped our application to give improved support to users who are dealing with corrupt encrypted iTunes backups. If you are having trouble restoring your backup and you desperately need to retrieve data from a corrupt encrypted backup, use iPhone Backup Extractor. The software will recover any data that exists in the iTunes backup, directing you to our team of backup specialists if it detects an incomplete encrypted backup that it cannot recover from.
New design and improved extraction functionality
iPhone Backup Extractor 4.5.1 also has an overhauled design to make working with iTunes backups easier. In addition, we've made the following improvements:
- Extracted files now keep the original date and time they were created on the device
- Extracted data is saved into individual directories for each category (contacts, SMS, photos, etc.)
- Users are only asked to to choose only the output folder once
- Improved extraction process for incomplete and corrupt iTunes backups
Please do share your feedback on how you like the new version.