Reincubate is a young technology, data and media company based in London, England. The company was set up in 2008 to assist startup companies ship web products. Building software was a matter of course, and in September of that year the first commercial product — the iPhone Backup Extractor — shipped.
Today's focus is building and investing in useful applications & data.
We've licensed our software to organisations including The US Department of Justice, The Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center, The US Army & US Marines, The LA District Attorney's Office, GCHQ, the FSA and NASA.
Use our logo
What sets us apart?
Why license our software?
We're flattered that a number of companies are trying to emulate our success, copy some of our web sites, applications, and even product names. However, we think Reincubate stands out compared to our competitors. Not least because:
- We aren't an anonymous off-shore company. Reincubate is British business, with its address, and with names and pictures of its staff published on the site. Potential customers can easily find the management team online and approach them, and we'll respond on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or wherever you contact us. Of course, it's easier to support customers through our helpdesk, but we have nowhere and nothing to hide. We want to make excellent software and support our customers using it.
- Many of the other companies operating in data recovery are based in China and India, which have very weak data protection laws. Being based in Europe, Reincubate adheres to the UK Data Protection Act, the European data protection regulations, and is compliant with the US Safe Harbour legislation. Would you risk your data with a company operating outside of those safeguards?
- We don't just pay lip service to research and development. We invest a significant amount each year in venturing and building experimental applications, and this has led us to be first to market with a new type of technology, in particular with regard to backup extraction and data recovery.
- We have been building experience working with iPhone data recovery since 2008, when we were the first to release iPhone backup extraction technology. This is longer than any other application vendor, and we make our team's know-how and experience available to users through our support system. Our team will help registered users with all sorts of unusual data recovery issues, and this has won us all sorts of endorsements -- and the odd unofficial recommendation from Apple Store Geniuses!
- We have a set of values which we we make public and use to guide us. Commitment & passion, an entreprenuerial mindset, and integrity. We commit to treat our customers in accordance with these principles. If you have a negative experience with our software, please let us know so that we can do something about it.
- We “dogfood” our applications, building software and sites which we personally use and want to use.
- We have won some particularly serious customers with law enforcement, prosecution and federal investigation services around the world.
Meet the team
Along the way, Aidan has founded, funded or been CTO at a number of ecommerce and technology businesses. He was previously the IT Director of Wiggle, and a member of the management team which sold the company to Bridgepoint, earning investors a 15x return. Prior to that, Aidan was CTO at Confetti (sold to Findel PLC), at Artspages (exited to Phonofile AS), and was European Development Manager at CNET (now CBS).
Aidan has an enduring passion for bringing web and software products to market, and has retained the engineering and operational skills he started his career with.
After a number of years in web development for Granada and ITV Andrew moved into IT management, first as the IT Manager for Lovetts plc and more recently as IT & Operations Manager for Wiggle.
Andrew has also founded or worked with a number of startups over the years both as a result of involvement with the Launch48 startup programme and independently. Andrew brings knowledge and experience from his work in the legal, charitable, startup and e-commerce sectors working for all sizes of companies from one man bands to FTSE corporations.
Andy has 15 years of Internet and IT experience from his first job as a web developer in the dot com boom, to building and running technical teams that survived well beyond it. With a broad range of skills and business understanding from his experience it was only a matter of time until he was asked to enter the world of marketing. Andy holds a BSc Hons degree in Business Information Systems from Anglia Ruskin University.
Mihai has a strong antivirus background, having worked in BitDefender's R&D team for many years, developing malware detection and removal techniques. Now he's working on data extraction and conversion, system scanning and other helpful tools.
Mihai brings technical expertise and solutions to current priorities and develops new applications based on his research work.
Alexandra has marketing and communications experience, holding a Masters degree in Communications and having started and run her own translation company. Alexandra brings fresh ideas and marketing strategies to the company, and uses her passion for branding to support a strong identity for our products.
Maxim has been working as a lead developer and tech lead in a number of startups since 2004. He has mastered a broad range of technologies and is focused on sophisticated technology with an optimal balance between time and resource.
Livia is an online communication specialist with over 3 years' experience in new media. She has a bachelor's degree in Communication and is dedicated to helping Reincubate's customers. Livia is also assisting Reincubate with development and marketing.
Ben has turned his back on his Physics Degree and is instead focused on mastering numerous modern technologies. A short period within a corporate environment was enough to convince him that Reincubate was an ideal fit and he now develops many of the products we produce.
Paul assists Reincubate's customers with answers to their questions and issues. He has more than one year's experience in Customer Service and he is probably the first person the customer gets in touch with when they have a question about Reincubate's products.
David joined Reincubate having spent over 4 years as a PhD student in Plasma Physics. Software development has always been a passion for him, spending most of his time at university writing plasma fluid dynamics simulations; he now turns his enthusiasm toward developing many of Reincubate's applications.
Mateusz graduated from Warsaw University of Technology with a Computer Science and Telecommunication degree. He started his startup and engineering career during his studies. Among his many interests his main focus is software and web development.
Ana has a bachelor degree in Philosophy and is passionate about social media, technology and books. She has kept a blog for 4 years and enjoys daily interaction with her readers. She likes to write, read, travel and talk.