May 3rd, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1689 released
Heres' our next update of iPhone Backup Extractor, with a few handy tweaks for some users.
- Improvement We've simplified the message we present to users with encrypted backups. Of course we support them!
- Improvement We analyse more metadata from devices, which helps us to help you to do more. 💪
- Fix We've made a few reliability improvements, particularly for notes data.
May 2nd, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1246 released
It's May, and it's time for a release. We've hinted at some of the changes in our plan, and the first preview of our new left-hand navigation systems is now out for macOS users. There are changes for Windows users, too, and more to come. Don't by shy: tell us what you think and how you get on with it! 🤞
- Improvement Overhauled left-hand navigation system, with newer look and feel on macOS. We group sources of data in a different way, and allow you to see a little more information on them before selection.
- Improvement We have updated the app's title bar on macOS so that it is in-line with how the title bar works on Windows.
- Improvement A number of visual tweaks here and there.
April 25th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1999 released
We said it was coming, and here it is. On the heels of our last build we're releasing a number of fixes which help with corrupted backups and WhatsApp attachments. Also, London was 28℃ in April. 🌞 Can you believe that?
- Improvement Reduced strictness of Manifest format checking, allowing for a broader array of malformed backups to be read.
- Fix Support for latest WhatsApp attachment format.
- Fix Updated iOS 11 text on the restrictions passcode window.
- Fix Enhanced "device limit reached" messaging.
- Fix Clear extraction menu of data counts when on the encrypted backup password needed screen.
April 23rd, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.526 released
We've been celebrating our second Queen's Award, and working on a bunch of behind-the-scenes changes to iPhone Backup Extractor. This release is built from our enhanced code-base, but is otherwise similar to
184.108.40.2069. Back to regular releases shortly, and we'll ship an update build in the coming days. 👑
- Improvement Refactored build process.
April 4th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.119 released
The sun is back out, and that means it's time another release of iPhone Backup Extractor made its way into the world from our eagle's nest by the Tower of London. ☀️
- Fix Message format update for some iOS 11.3 users.
- Fix Improved robustness handling corrupted manifests caused by third-party tools.
- Fix Various text fixes around the app, clarifying and correcting.
March 28th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1688 released
On the heels of last week's 7.6 release, we're shipping a smaller release with a handful of fixes today. 🙇♂️ Don't forget you can always reach out to us!
- Fix Some users have been running into a "too many open files" error. We've nixed that in many cases.
- Fix We've sped up display of "Expert mode" for our macOS users.
- Fix We've sped up dragging and dropping out many files from "Expert mode". 🏃♀️
March 22nd, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1247 released
We're thrilled to be releasing iPhone Backup Extractor 7.6 today. It introduces a milestone new feature: previews of iCloud data. Rather than needing to download data in order to view it within the app, you can now preview a variety of data before choosing whether to download it. Happy days! ☀️ Let us know how you get on with it.
- Feature Previews released for iCloud backups and for some forms of iCloud account data.
- Improvement Improvements to how backup / data source details are shown.
- Improvement Lots behind the scenes in our integration with the Reincubate Cloud Data API.
- Fix Numerous stability and resource consumption/contention fixes.
March 8th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1998 released
Hooray! It's time for our first release of March.
- Feature Resumption of downloads from the Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library is now possible.
- Improvement Lots of work behind the scenes on an assortment of optimisations, both in terms of speed and memory use.
- Improvement You can now cancel Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library downloads, or extractions from backups. With great power comes great responsibility.
- Fix Also, we fixed resumption of iCloud backup downloads.
February 26th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.529 released
Some of our favourite releases are Monday releases. Here's the latest!
- Improvement More speed-ups in our image and photo previewer.
- Improvement We took the "rate us" link off the main window to further streamline the app. Rather than diverting your feedback into that system, it's better to talk. 🙏
- Fix We had broken "View as Plist" in an earlier build, and now we're fixed it. Sorry.
- Fix Downloading "Everything else" from the iCloud now means a saner list of files.
- Fix We've resolved a crash some users saw if they navigated away from a backup whilst the app was checking a password.
February 20th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2066 released
We've started this week strong, with this being our second release of the week. It's only Tuesday! Whatever next?
- Improvement We use some neat hardware acceleration on our photo previews. Mm, zippy! 🏃♀️
- Fix If you drag out you two files that have the same name simultaneously, you'll no longer find yourself in a sticky situation.
February 19th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.118 released
Here's a new release of the iPhone Backup Extractor to start your week. We've got some nice bits in this one.
- Improvement Message previews are a lot faster, particularly on macOS. And there are loading spinners for attachments. And clearer icons for attachment states. Hurrah! 🎉
- Improvement Various performance enhancements where the app reads data, particularly on macOS, and also with various controls we use.
- Fix Scrollbars on Windows are no longer a bit short when there's a lot of data. And the horizontal scrollbars are behaving themselves.
- Fix Some words were getting cut off the edge of the scre---. Oops.
- Fix The time shown in the "Contact us" dialog works properly with DST now. We love summer.
- Fix We don't pull you back to an encrypted backup if you switched away whilst the app was checking the password.
- Fix App view store page links were broken. Now they're not.
February 14th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1685 released
It's valentine's day. Love is in the air. So is our latest update to Reincubate iPhone Backup Extractor. We hope you like it! 💌
- Improvement Dragging out files is neater than ever, as they'll no longer appear in your folder of choice encapsulated in another folder.
- Improvement We use lovely images of the iPhones X and 8 in the app now, and correctly identify the 8.
- Improvement We've made PDF generation use less memory.
- Fix We broke PhotoStream and some forms of real-time data access for some users. And now we've fixed it. We're sorry.
- Fix We also fixed the filenames of extract contacts in VCF form. They weren't very useful before, but now they are.
- Fix iOS 11 notes now get extracted properly.
February 8th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1248 released
We're thrilled to release this update of iPhone Backup Extractor, headlining with support for previews of recordings in iPhone backups. To mark this, we've codenamed the release
1998: the year Britney Spears shot to fame. We've mixed feelings about that. 👩🎤
- Feature Previews of recordings. Happy days! We've more to come in this area.
- Improvement We've made some improvements to the display of voicemail previews.
- Fix We introduced a nasty bug late last year which led to some
Applicationdata being shown under
Application Groups, and vice versa. Fixed now.
- Fix In some cases, our ricloud API's notifications on iCloud backup downloads were leading backup downloads to fail. We handle these properly now, as we should. Sorry.
- Fix Resumption of iCloud backup downloads is now even more robust.
- Fix We handle the "multiple types could match" issue a little better, though we're still collecting data on this one.
February 6th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1999 released
We've been beavering away in London's sunny sub-zero temperates, and this latest release is the fruit of our labours. How is it for you? ❄️
- Fix We correctly split Application and Application Groups when dragging out files.
- Fix Edge-case for notes extraction has been fixed. Enjoy your notes!
- Fix iOS 11 locations corrected for messages. Welcome to the new.
- Improvement Lots of things behind the scenes.
February 1st, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.527 released
In Old English, February was called Solmonath, or mud month. We've tried not to get any on this new build, which has a number of internal enhancements. 👩💻
- Improvement We've improved the user prompt when no files are available on iCloud downloads.
- Improvement Turned off some of our logging for invalid Plists, and changed how we report some errors.
- Improvement Internal change to how we handle filenames from the iCloud.
January 31st, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2064 released
In order to close out January we're shipping another release.
7.5.11 brings with it new previewers and enhancements for the iOS 11.3 developer preview. Hurrah! 🎉
- Feature Integrated previewer for Notes. You can see what's in your backup without needing to extract.
- Feature Integrated previewer for voicemail. As with Notes, you check check out your voicemail without leaving the app.
- Feature Support for changes in iOS 11.3 backups.
January 25th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.116 released
Our latest release includes a lot of work behind the scenes to make things smoother than ever. 💪
- Improvement Drag and drop import and export is smarter than ever.
- Improvement We've made a number of enhancements to our internal error reporting and management.
- Improvement We've integrated one of our newer APIs behind the scenes, and will be including data from it in the interface soon.
January 16th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1682 released
We're celebrating Tuesday and London's first glimpse of the sun in 2018 with a new release today. ☀️
- Feature Oh my goodness! We've just shipped drag and drop support for expert mode. You can drag in! You can drag out!
- Improvement Image previews are clearer as to what is happening when the image cannot be displayed.
- Fix Progress is shown more accurately for iCloud access.
January 10th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1247 released
Three deploys in a week. Yes, that's how our 2018 is starting. How is yours? Our new release has got a bunch of good ingredients.
- Improvement Our net code received an overhaul, making our interaction with our APIs that much smarter and more robust. It has a number of internal changes to pave the way for doing something pretty cool in the coming period. We're hard at work on that.
- Fix Extraction of locations is now even more robust than it was, as is linking of contacts, call logs and texts.
- Fix We handle corrupt PList files in a much smarter way now.
- Fix We broke our lovely PList file viewer in a build late last year. We've fixed it. Sorry!
- Fix Undeletion is even smarter. Happy days!
January 9th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1996 released
After yesterday's excitement around the release we've only gone and released another build. This one includes a number of changes.
- Feature Updated .NET boot strap from 4.0 to 4.6. This allows us to do some new things in the app.
- Feature We've shipped a prototype component. Can you guess what it is? Watch this space.
- Improvement You'll see the app now boasts of being made by Reincubate in its title. We're proud of that.
- Improvement We log slightly more data when something goes wrong. All the better to help us improve!
January 8th, 2018, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.525 released
We're releasing a small build which updates some of the security certificates we use.
- Fix Nothing scary happened, we're just rotating certificates and keeping things fresh.
December 19th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2065 released
1905 release is a big one: we've added preview functionality for contacts and call history. Our pleasure. 💪
- Feature New previewers for contacts and call history.
- Improvement We no longer filter out lovely HEIC images: they'll be provided through the automated photo export. Happy days!
- Improvement We no longer extract video thumbnails as photos. They are, but they're not what you want outside of expert mode, and that's still there for users who do.
- Fix We patched a regression bug for iOS 10.0 encrypted backups. In English, that means we broke it and then we fixed it. Sorry. 🙅♀️
- Fix Recovery of notes and note attachments is more robust than ever. Try and extract some weird stuff, we dare you!
- Fix We made some minor improvements to how we handle iOS 1 and 2. Remember them? We still have devices that run 'em.
December 7th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.114 released
Two releases in as many days? That's right, here's the latest release iPhone Backup Extractor. We're hard at work on the next already.
- Fix Fixed irregular issues extracting photos from the AppView.
- Fix Fixed a nasty voicemail extraction fix caused where some files are missing.
- Fix Prevented default extraction of
MetaDatafolder contents with photos. Of course, you can still extract it in expert mode.
December 5th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1683 released
To celebrate it being Tuesday, we’ve just shipped a new build.
- Improvement We've added support for extraction of locations where the SMS database is missing from the backup.
- Fix iOS 11 backup modification is better than ever.
- Fix Better translation of timezones for iCloud backups; you should see it in local time.
November 29th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1242 released
Here's a build to round out November -- and to use less of your disk space!
- Improvement Improvements to how the application stores temporary data whilst extracting. You'll see it's faster and uses less disk space now. Happy day!
- Fix We've overhauled some internal components to provide greater support for reading curious data types.
- Fix We've added a legacy fix for a newer type of iOS 10 backup corruption.
November 7th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1998 released
Another day, another release.
188.8.131.528 has a bunch of handy things:
- Fix Modifying backups is now even more robust.
- Fix PDF extraction of data is more robust than ever -- and faster, too!
- Fix We'd accidentally broken support for macOS 10.10 in an earlier build. Sorry! We have fixed it.
November 6th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2067 released
Today's fix is a simple performance update. Enjoy!
- Fix Further improved performance of overview.
October 31st, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.113 released
We've a spooky new update for you today, with a small handful of changes.
- Improvement We capture more diagnostic information when something goes awry.
- Fix Improved support for backup modification.
- Fix We've sped up creation of PDFs, and reduced the amount of memory that the process takes.
October 26th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1689 released
Another day, another build! Today we've shipped a bunch of small tweaks to further enhance the iPhone Backup Extractor. We've something exciting around the corner that we're paving the way for.
- Improvement We now provide UID in exports of calendar data.
- Fix We capture slightly more diagnostic data around corrupt backups.
- Fix We've upgraded the .NET library bootstrap from 4.0 to 4.6.0. This probably won't mean much for you, unless you're one of our Windows Vista users.
- Fix We've tidied up a few more areas of memory use.
October 24th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1245 released
We’ve just released another lovely build. This has a handful of smaller updates.
- Improvement We now use less memory than ever when exporting data to PDF
- Fix Even more robust support for curiously formed notes
- Fix The application is now more robust when something goes wrong on macOS
October 19th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1999 released
Today's release is a macOS-only maintenance release, helping us to improve the robustness of the application.
- Improvement We now gather crash reports for native crashes.
October 10th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.521 released
Another Tuesday, another release. Today’s release brings a number of neat enhancements and fixes.
- Improvement We've shipped many enhancements to memory and disk use over the last month or so, and we've done yet more. Today's build should get your data even faster from encrypted backups.
- Improvement Now we show
InstallDomainin a neat way in expert mode.
- Improvement We've added richer device names for the backup details section.
- Fix In our eagerness to enhance notes in our
184.108.40.2061release, we introduced a curious Unicode issue. Now it's fixed.
- Fix We've fixed a handful of issues when working with unusual iOS 8 backups, and with a few flavours of iOS 4. Remember that? We do!
October 3rd, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.116 released
This Tuesday brings our next release, which is all about improving user experiences. We’ve made improvements to iCloud interaction, to iPhone 8 and X support, and to memory handling. This afternoon the team are off to Mansion House to meet the Lord Mayor of London on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, as part of Reincubate winning a Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
- Improvement Several important enhancements made for iCloud access to improve robustness of downloads.
- Improvement We’ve reduced the amount of memory that the iPhone Backup Extractor requires when exporting data to CSV format.
- Fix We’ve added a small fix for some minor differences in data formats that we’ve observed from the iPhone 8. Dig that glass back!
September 27th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1686 released
Today’s release brings a host of goodies and improvements to the iPhone Backup Extractor on both Windows and macOS. What’s new?
- Improvement Copy-to-clipboard support for a whole bunch of extra fields.
- Improvement Timezones! We've made a number of enhancements to normalise times in data from apps which store it with or without daylight saving or timezone modifiers.
- Improvement Did you ever wonder why the app didn't have a "Windows" menu on macOS? Wonder no more: accessibility improved.
- Fix We resolved an issue triggered by some formats of visual voicemail.
- Fix Our export PDFs had some issues with international characters, which we've now resolved. We've made the process faster, too.
September 18th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1241 released
We’re back to our usual combined Windows and macOS updates, and today’s is a good ‘un. Sometimes we need to say goodbye to the past, and this release officially drops support for macOS 10.7. It’s to old for us to readily support with our pace of changes. 1771 — as we like to call this new release — includes the following:
- Feature You can now right-click backups shown in the left-hand menu to easily reveal their folder in Windows Explorer or macOS Finder. Neat!
- Improvement The macOS overview pane uses our newer look, making the overview of available data easier to digest.
- Improvement Scrolling through photo previews is much faster on macOS, and resizing the application’s window doesn’t interfere with them.
- Improvement Support for Viber 7.5’s new message format.
- Fix If you’re a fan of the alphabet you’ll love the more rigorous alphabetical sorting of content in expert mode.
- Fix Non-Latin characters were sometimes coming out garbled in extracted notes. This is now fixed.
- Fix Backup editing was breaking in a number of situations. Now it isn’t. Hurrah!
- Fix No long shall extracting calendar entries from encrypted backups take up so much disk space.
September 14th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1995 released
This afternoon brings a minor update. Usually we ship updates for Windows and macOS together, but today's build is just for Windows.
- Improvement Better detection of problems on Windows.
September 11th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.529 released
Nary a week’s passed and we have another update for Windows and macOS. This release smooths some things out behind the scenes and tidies up a number of interface and experience elements.
- Improvement iCloud ribbon looks a lot better on Windows.
- Improvement "Preferences" and "About" dialog on macOS look a little smarter
- Improvement Extraneous terms and copyright removed from the main window.
- Fix Curious artefacts removed from expert mode whilst loading.
- Fix Ever found resizing the app a little fiddly on Windows? Now it isn’t. Resize away!
- Fix We reworked a fundamental part of the app that makes things much more robust when adding and removing accounts, activation and backup locations.
September 5th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2066 released
We’ve just released another update for both Windows and macOS. No new features in this build: we’ve focused on performance improvements and bugfixes. Enjoy it!
- Improvement Things are faster than ever! Zoom or ZOMG?
- Improvement Library and Mobile Device domains are shown with friendlier names
- Fix We do more to use less… memory. No need for that extra RAM.
- Fix Stopped SMS attachments from creating “ghost” deleted messages.
- Fix Clicking retry on macOS no longer has the possibility to make the app freeze. Sorry, that drove us crazy.
- Fix Stopped the previewer from being deselected on macOS whilst things were still loading.
August 31st, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.111 released
Hot on the heels of last week's release, here's another update, this time concentrating on photos and WhatsApp.
- Feature Working with encrypted backups is now a lot faster. Quick, create more data!
- Fix Prevented photo extraction from eating too much disk space.
- Fix Straightened out a potential crash when extracting photos and videos.
- Fix "The specified path is too long?" Oh no! But not any more, we fixed this one.
- Fix The "iCloud is sleeping" message doesn't incorrectly pop up from some "contact us" links.
- Fix Fixed many unusual crash situations. Situate yourself how you'd like!
- Fix Images handled much better in extraction of regular and undeleted content.
- Fix Encrypted backup size is now shown smartly for macOS backups.
August 21st, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1681 released
This last week team RI were off for a picnic in the park, and we shipped 22.214.171.1241 with a whole list of speed and reliability enhancements. You'll see the next few builds going to make the application more robust than ever.
- Improvement All left hand navigation items are expanded by default.
- Improvement We've updated the lovely README file that gets installed with the Windows version of the app.
- Fix The encrypted backup password box did some funny flickering whilst encrypted backups were being loaded.
- Fix Scrolling through images in the preview was funky on some Macs. We fixed it.
- Fix It was possible for one state from the iCloud API to upset the app. No longer!
- Fix Recovery of undeleted messages could take a lot of memory, and sometimes more than a user had. Memory usage on undeleted is nice and smooth now.
- Fix There was a styling error that sometimes hid contact names in group messages when exported to HTML. There isn't any more!
- Fix A nasty calendar extraction problem for pre-iOS 8 builds had crept in. We excised it.
- Fix Our KML exports were technically valid but Google Earth wasn't happy with them. 126.96.36.1991 resolves this.
August 9th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.523 released
- Improvement Faster backup loading speed.
- Improvement Split AppGroups and AppPlugins from Application domains.
- Fix Fixed Error 17. Yeah, we didn't like it either.
- Fix Our “about” dialog has a +10% prettiness bonus.
July 21st, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2062 released
July 20th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.111 released
- Improvement Improve iTunes data access for offline backups and provide access to more data.
- Improvement We've enhanced our iTunes functionality with a number of speed fixes.
June 19th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1689 released
- Improvement Support for iOS 11 Calendar, Messages and Notes.
- Feature Extraction of Contacts from the iCloud.
May 19th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1240 released
March 29th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1996 released
March 22nd, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.523 released
- Feature Extract as PDF. The extract format family is finally complete. Now you can extract data from any chat app (including iOS native apps) in glorious PDF. Pretty Doggone Fine.
- Improvement Extract menu options now include the same icons as the File menu options. It is all about a consistent look and feel for the product.
- Fix Fixed a bug in the offline activation window which made the activation button invisible when the key was pasted in. Now, the activation button is easier to see than a dog on stilts.
March 7th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2060 released
March 3rd, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.112 released
- Feature Added Apple WatchOS 3 support. The first time anyone has had WatchOS support.
- Feature We added a sample data iCloud account for John Appleseed. We added this for users of Free and Basic plans so they could get a taste of the full iPhone Backup Extractor experience. You can follow the story of John and Jane from young lovers to married couple. See their photos, watch their videos, read about Tommy the wonder dog; what happened at the vet? However, if you don't want to see this data then you will be able to switch it off via the help menu or the iCloud accounts window.
- Fix For years now a mystery deleted note has haunted the Notes recovery process. Today we exorcised it. In the past you would see the note from 01/01/2001 whenever your recovered notes from any backup. It has finally been laid to rest, and you will only recover your own, familiar notes from now on.
February 23rd, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1681 released
- Improvement We changed the Mac installer to a gorgeous one that even looks good on retina. We don't want to oversell it but it's prettier than the Mona Lisa.
- Fix Fixed an issue with the reloading of iCloud backups. If you downloaded one data category then that would be the only data you would see; even after downloading more. Now you will see all of your downloaded data.
- Fix The iPhone Backup Extractor is now notifying users to upgrade to
22.214.171.1243, because we care and
126.96.36.1993is the cat's pajamas.
February 17th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.523 released
- Feature Added support for WatchOS 2. Whoop, whoop!
- Improvement Added a recommendation about encrypting your backup. This is just a friendly message to encourage users to think about their data security. Our iOS experts love to talk about data security.
- Improvement Viber changed their database locations which meant that iCloud messages were not being recovered for the latest Viber version. You can now recover Viber messages after we coxed the database out with cookies and chocolate.
- Improvement Made improvements to the update mechanism which will push all users to the latest iPhone Backup Extractor. Because we ❤️ all our users, and we want you to enjoy the best of what the software can offer. 🎈
February 9th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2062 released
- Feature We are happy to ship the first iCloud recovery software that can help you recover Tinder messages. You will find it in the Preview window along with Photos, Messages, WhatsApp, Viber and others. If you accidentally delete a message, or worse yet, the entire app. You can simply click on the Tinder icon to review any messages in your backup. We will continue to look for ways to improve Tinder recovery but this is our Valentine's gift for all of the lovers out there. For more details please read this week’s Tinder themed blog.
- Feature We have added iCloud Photo Library which makes the iPhone Backup Extractor the most complete iCloud recovery software on the market. Now you will be able to download all of your photos and videos from all Photo Library albums (including shared albums). When you login to your iCloud account you will see the all new Photo Library option beneath Photostream (left side pane). To make things easier the entire process is the same as Photostream. Simply click the Download button to recover your entire Photo Library.
- Improvement For Windows users we have also updated the folder browsers to make them more modern. Although this is only a cosmetic change; it is more inline with the look and feel of the software.
- Fix Especially good news for Windows 8 users with a bug fix that was crashing or hanging the app. Not any more we squashed the bug and you can now return to seamless data extraction.
- Fix We also fixed the Windows bug which was stopping you from closing the software via the File menu. Older versions would freeze when you used this method to close the app. We’re all tired of freezing this winter, so the fix is in and let spring begin.
February 1st, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.115 released
- Feature Encrypted iTunes backups support in The Basic plan. All of the encrypted backup limitations have been removed. Previously the Basic plan would only let you recover 4 files from an encrypted backup, now you can recover all of your data from an unlimited number of iTunes backups. You asked, we listened. Read all about it in our iPhone Backup Extractor blog post on better experience and new features.
- Feature The Premium plan enjoys an increase for the iCloud devices to recover iOS data from. 5 iCloud devices supported uplifted from the original 2 iCloud devices, which makes it a better all round option.
- Improvement We changed the iTunes encrypted backup icon and added a very foreboding padlock; it beefs up the classic iTunes icon and lets everyone know what’s what. This just to further help you distinguish each backup at a glance without the need for selecting the backup itself.
- Improvement We improved the icons in the AppView and removed the meaningless bright blue icon and replaced it with a classy Apple on a gray background. It is really an aesthetic change to make the entire program more consistent in look and feel.
- Improvement Mac users will notice The file menu extract by folder option will now opens to the default iTunes backup folder; you don’t need to take the scenic route to your backup folder anymore.
- Improvement Windows users, We have continued the hard work on Photo previews in Windows. The Photos should be even quicker again this week, the quest will go on until the Photos are previewed faster than a dog can eat a hamburger.
- Fix A bug in the file menu was fixed. Previously performing multiple file menu extractions would extract the same data every time regardless of the file selected. It was like something out of a Black Mirror episode. Now using the File menu extraction will extract all the correct data every time, more like an episode of Happy Days. While we were in there we also threw in an extra message box asking you where you want to put the data. This will help you keep all of your recovered data in the one location.
- Fix iCloud backups with very large files would sometime throw an error called JSON Parse error. Well, not anymore. JSON Parse has officially left the building.
- Fix Added full task acknowledgment to the servers which means that if any servers drop out the task will not be lost. This will help keep the iCloud downloads fast, efficient and complete.
January 26th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1687 released
- Improvement We have improved the File menu convert options. In the past we would ask you to search for the file in the backup. However, in iOS 10 the files are contained in sub-folders which can make the file difficult to find. Now it just makes it all a little bit easier for iOS 10 backups.
- Improvement The lists on the left pane of the software (Photo Streams, Devices, Password Needed) now have "Show" and "Hide" buttons at hover. This will avoid clutter on the left and make it easier to see what you want, when you want it. We have implemented this only for Windows users as Mac users had a better experience since some time ago.
- Improvement We are working on the speed of Photo previews; displaying all of the images will be getting a little quicker with every release. This week the display time for Photo previews in encrypted backups is a little better. Soon they will be there before you take the photo.
- Improvement We have cleaned up the file menu and grouped the similar options into smaller sub-menus to make everything easier. The file menu is a lot cleaner, shorter and organised.
- Improvement We updated all of the icons in AppView to the newest and most beautiful icon for each app. They just look so pretty now.
- Improvement The file menu has had a busy week. For Windows users, We have added the familiar icons to each of the categories so you can pick the data category just by looking at the icon. I mean, who’s got time to read nowadays anyway.
- Fix Mac users will be happy when they’ll see We fixed the hovering ‘To avoid incomplete backups disconnect this device before downloading’ warning message. When the iPhone Backup Extractor was resized the message would hover around the middle of the window like a UFO. Now it stays where is should all the time.
January 18th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1245 released
- Fix We fixed a crash that you got if you moved or deleted an offline iOS backup while having that same iOS backup opened in iPhone Backup Extractor. We now show you a polite error message and allow you to continue with your work.
- Fix We fixed the iOS 10+ iTunes backups file dates bug; the dates would be shown as 400 years in the past. Now that the timestamp conversion is correct there will be no more pictures from the first performance of Hamlet. That’s a shame.
- Fix Another time related bug was squashed with iCloud backup times returning to the correct local time. If you would like to continue seeing what time your backup occurred in London then you will need to use a time conversion tool.
- Fix A bug which stopped users from recovering their photos from iPhone 7 iTunes backups has been fixed. If you were trying to extract in albums then new tables were being added to the database which confused the extractor. Now you can extract all the photos without a problem.
- Fix We stopped a missing backup file causing a Null Reference Exception crash; we can’t magic up the file, but we can stop the software from crashing. You should receive a gentle message if the file is missing.
- Fix We fixed the Expert Mode file tree which split branches from SysSharedContainer and SysContainer Domains. A number of folders were being scattered all over the file tree; you will now find that all the folders from these domains are contained in the right location.
- Fix We are now limiting the amount of tasks that can be submitted to the server. Essentially if 1,000 tasks are ready then we’re not submitting any more. This will help stop backlogs and provide a more efficient experience for all users.
January 16th, 2017, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1993 released
- Improvement In what is a popular feature - the iCloud data download - we have added more details to the iCloud download window process. This will give you a better idea of what is happening when the iPhone Backup Extractor is downloading iCloud data. The new information is much clearer and you will see that tasks are being requested, are ready (for download), downloading, or completed. This is particularly helpful for large iOS backups which would otherwise display a slow moving progress bar.
- Fix We had some users report trouble when trying to right-click on files in Expert Mode for adding, replacing, or deleting files in the backup. There was some debate about whether they were right-clicking in the right way or if their right-clicking was wrong. We have fixed it so that every right-click is the right right-click.
- Fix We have fixed the bug that was misreporting the times and dates of iCloud files. Dates were being displayed as 19 years in the future (2035), but now everything has returned to normal. No more pictures from 2035 when apes rule the planet, just sit back and watch it unfold in real-time.
- Fix We fixed a System Overflow Exception bug causing iPhone Backup Extractor to crash when backups wouldn’t report the correct file size.
- Fix A minor cosmetic change with an update to the copyright year to 2017. 'Cos 2016 is over, innit?
December 15th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.522 released
- Improvement Updated plan names and device limits.
- Improvement Improved status information when downloading from iCloud.
- Improvement Improved reporting for licenses activated offline.
December 8th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2069 released
- Improvement Improved data extractions from iTunes iOS 10.1 backups.
December 7th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.112 released
- Improvement The iCloud download mechanism has been replaced to make it more reliable, particularly for large backups.
November 11th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1688 released
- Improvement Improved password checking mechanism for iTunes iOS 10.2 beta encrypted backups.
November 10th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1247 released
- Improvement Added support for iTunes iOS 10.2 beta encrypted backups.
November 3rd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1996 released
October 26th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.520 released
October 13th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2069 released
- Improvement Added support for encrypted backup for the latest iOS 10.1 beta.
- Improvement Added support for expert mode (adding, deleting, and replacing files) for iOS 10 iTunes backups.
- Fix Fixed XML exception caused by password mis-match when opening encrypted iOS 10 iTunes backups.
October 6th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.115 released
- Fix Fixed
Error 32for iCloud downloads which was causing iCloud backups to report missing files.
- Fix Fixed error for backups with missing files.
- Fix Improved the HTML rendering library to fix errors on Windows.
September 29th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1680 released
- Feature For Mac users we have added a warning message to stop large backups being overwritten.
- Improvement Improved the Restrictions PIN extraction from encrypted iTunes backups.
- Improvement Added support for newest version on Hike.
- Fix Fixed Hike message extraction.
- Fix Fixed
NullReferenceExceptioncrash in Expert Mode.
September 22nd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1240 released
- Improvement Improved experience for iOS 10 digital touch attachments previews.
- Improvement Improvements iMessages usernames extraction.
- Improvement iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone SE are now correctly identified.
- Improvement Improved Man menus when viewing an iPhone connected to a computer.
- Improvement Improved images counter for both iTunes and iCloud backups.
September 14th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1997 released
- Improvement Improved SMS recovery for non-English messages.
- Improvement Improved support for messages recovery on older iOS versions.
- Improvement Improved support for SMS, Hike, and Line messages extraction.
- Improvement New look for backups loader in the Windows version.
- Improvement Improved filtering system for deleted messages in Windows Preview mode.
- Improvement Redesigned the Welcome screen for Mac.
- Improvement Improved the design of the Contact screen on Mac.
- Fix Fixed Viber messages extraction.
September 5th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.523 released
- Feature Added support for iOS 10 digital touch attachments.
- Improvement Improved design on Windows.
- Improvement Improved SMS extractions.
August 25th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2062 released
- Improvement Improved progress bar notification on Mac.
- Fix Fixed iCloud login freeze.
- Fix Fixes for grouping SMS and WhatsApp messages.
August 17th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.115 released
- Improvement Improved speed in App View mode.
- Improvement Improved welcome screen on startup.
- Improvement Improved messages grouping.
- Improvement Redesigned scrollbars.
- Improvement Updated icons in App View mode.
- Improvement Redesigned Photo Stream and iCloud full backup.
- Improvement Redesigned path rename dialog on extracting data.
- Fix Fixed Photo Stream bug in free edition.
August 9th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1689 released
- Improvement Improved user interface. Hurrah! 🎉
- Improvement Redesign for multiple sections.
August 2nd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1246 released
- Improvement Soft-launching the new UI for iPhone Backup Extractor.
August 2nd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1995 released
July 26th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.528 released
- Improvement Improved Photo Stream recovery experience for iCloud backups.
- Improvement Improved application launch speed.
- Improvement Improved SMS/messages extraction path.
- Improvement Improved preview for group messages extractions.
- Improvement Design tweaks.
- Fix Fixed SQLite exceptions related bugs.
July 26th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2069 released
July 14th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.118 released
- Improvement Text messages and iMessages are now grouped and extracted in the same location.
- Improvement Improved stability for iOS 10 backups.
- Improvement Improved Location data count.
- Improvement Improved Replace File functionality in Expert Mode.
- Improvement SMS is now Messages in all available tabs.
- Improvement Additional check for the available disk space before downloading a backup file.
July 14th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1689 released
July 6th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1245 released
July 6th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1994 released
June 29th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.527 released
- Improvement Added iOS 9 default mode for new users.
- Improvement iOS 9 and iOS 8 radio buttons have been swapped around.
June 23rd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2069 released
- Improvement Updated certificates for Windows 7 and up.
June 23rd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.115 released
- Improvement Improved support for iOS 10 backups on Mac.
- Improvement Updated certificates for Windows XP and Vista.
June 22nd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1681 released
- Improvement Improved support for iOS 10 backups on Windows.
June 16th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1244 released
- Improvement Improved speed for Contacts, SMS, and WhatsApp extractions and previews loading.
- Improvement Improved design and clarity for subscription options.
- Fix Date of the messages and preview set to local time.
June 14th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1997 released
We're thrilled to be releasing version 7 of the iPhone Backup Extractor. This represents the culmination of much hard work. After our preparation and careful research we've been able to release support for iOS 10, both for local and for iCloud backups, fewer than 24 hours of the Apple's first developer previews shipping. We celebrate this launch with a short post on our blog.
- Feature Added iOS 10 support for local and iCloud backup access.
June 9th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.527 released
- Improvement Improved support for upgrades.
- Improvement Improved Notes extraction.
- Improvement Improved Restrictions PIN recovery.
- Improvement Improved WhatsApp extraction in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixes for encrypted backups modifications.
- Fix Fixed Snapchat recovery from iCloud.
June 6th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2061 released
- Improvement Improved design for the product info sections.
May 26th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.119 released
- Improvement Improved attachments preview and extraction for Line and Hike.
- Improvement Improved images extraction accuracy when selecting certain pictures in Preview mode.
May 23rd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1688 released
May 19th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1241 released
- Improvement Improved visibility of download button for Windows users.
- Improvement Improved SMS counter for deleted messages in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixed deleted messages issue in Preview mode.
- Feature Added 2FA support.
May 16th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1997 released
April 28th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.528 released
- Improvement Show more appropriate device images.
- Improvement New app icons and in Windows 10 start menu.
- Fix Some fixes for the iCloud progress bar.
April 28th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2064 released
April 21st, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.110 released
- Fix Photo Stream download bug squished.
March 24th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1688 released
- Improvement Added attachments extractions for Notes.
- Fix Fixed WhatsApp attachments not being extracted.
- Fix Fixed issue while parsing Info.plist.
March 17th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1248 released
- Feature Added support for Hike messenger.
- Improvement Added support for new Line version.
- Improvement Added support for new Viber version.
- Improvement Added deleted field to CSV when extracting messages.
- Improvement Ipproved icon scaling on high-DPI screens.
- Improvement Changed Photo Stream download button location.
- Improvement Added iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air 2 device icons.
- Fix Fixed an issue with album extraction of photos and videos.
- Fix Fixed an issue making Viber preview images show black.
- Fix Fixed counter of WhatsApp messages.
- Fix Mac Password Panel for encrypted backups moved out of the overview tab.
March 2nd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 126.96.36.1996 released
February 18th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 188.8.131.522 released
- Improvement Added video extraction grouped by albums.
February 4th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.2066 released
- Improvement Added album grouping for photo extraction.
- Fix Fixed Notes extraction on iOS 9.3 beta.
- Fix Fixed SMS attachments extracted in multiple folders.
January 22nd, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 220.127.116.118 released
- Improvement Added support for iOS 9.3 beta iCloud backups.
January 14th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 18.104.22.1682 released
- Fix Fixed issue that duplicated voicemails many times.
- Fix Fixed issues associated with sorting tree-views.
- Fix Fixed WeChat icon not available in previews.
- Improvement Added option of saving install log upon encountering problems.
January 8th, 2016, iPhone Backup Extractor 22.214.171.1243 released
- Improvement Improved CPU usage while downloading.
- Improvement Improved video extraction.
- Fix Fixed WeChat repeated images extraction.
- Fix Fixed Notes dates for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed failed iCloud download for SMS data.
- Fix Fixed Session Expired issue.
- Fix For Windows XP crash when connecting to iCloud.
- Fix Corrected a Mac OS X Lion issue with the iPhone Backup Extractor not working.